Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rome

Buongiorno! Still trying to get my bearings with all this blog stuff. Safe in Italy after leaving Seattle on the 27th of August. It was a long day of travel but finally made it to Rome safe and sound. Everything went very smooth until I left the Stazione Termini schlepping all my luggage around for an hour looking for my hostel, Yellow. I find that sleep deprivation makes it really easy with directions.

Checked into the hostel. I have to say, probably one of the best one's I've stayed at yet. http://www.yellowhostel.com/index.php

There were so many sights to see in Rome. Funny how time plays with you even though I was only there for 5 days it felt like forever. Especially after the first. The top three sights on my list are definitely:
Trevi Fountain
                                                                                                          

Sistine Chapel (Blurred because not supposed to take a picture, had to sneek it)
                                                          
This doesn't do the Sistine Chapel any justice but it's amazing. As well as the Pantheon. Ancient Rome's best preserved-building. Dating back to AD 120, it's been standing for over 2,000 years. Whoa...

                                              

The ceiling inside. The oculus, the hole in the center isn't covered. Originally built by the emperor Hadrian, dedicated to the Classical Gods, it was converted into a Christian Church in 608.

                                                          
There were so many things to see I wish I could show them all, but those were just some favorites. 

2 comments:

Greg Collinsworth said...

Yeah! Alex is in Rome! I f@#king love the Rome. But how come no picture of the McDonalds across the square from the Pantheon? Classy stuff! Love ya, Greg.

zackw said...

Bongiorno Alex!

Le capiche italiano?