Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bonjour Paris

I returned back from Delhi, diving into mid-term week, and then spring break began. The city of lights holds a soft spot for me and of course I was dying to go back. Paris was relaxing, beautiful, and just what I needed. Selena, my roomie, and I rented an apartment in the Marais, 3rd arrondisment, and enjoyed the city.

It's funny how much it felt like my city. Ironic that I was return a few weeks later, after on our way to India we missed our connecting flight from Paris-Delhi, since there was only one flight a day to Delhi.  Air France put us up in a hotel that night, so we had a free day in Paris. Then I'm back again...

It was so much fun to go to the Louvre, although it was horribly crowded, and I felt as if I was merging in and out of traffic on a crowded freeway, the best part was seeing artists set up their easels and painting. Curious to how they were able to do that, in Florence, it would never be allowed. This one guy was painting a Ruben's on a huge canvas, takes skill and impressive maneuvering to exit the Louvre with that. 

I was able to go back to my favorite vintage store in Paris. It's funny how vintage in Italy, I've found is old designer vintage, which is very, very expensive. Which makes my love for vintage, not so much since I can't afford any of it. But in Paris, Free p' Star, has cheap, cute, clothes which are a steal. Great vin rouge, les baguettes, les fromages, tout c'etait tres bien! 










a protest against pope benedict and his view on abortions. Go Frenchies!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

je t'aime PARIS!!!!!

I had such a blast!!!!!